PDA

View Full Version : Filler Arcs Worth watching ?

Flaw
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
I've recently started watching the anime, and I though I'd only watch short fillers, as in 1-3 episodes, since these seem to be funny, and long off-topic chapters always piss me off.
But I've heard some of them are actually worth it, and even related to the manga ?
I've already skipped that dragon arc (54-61).

Nova
03-11-2012, 11:07 PM
My favourite would be the g8 arc - you can't really tell its filler if you don't read the manga. 196 - 206

I don't know if this thread would interest you

http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/showthread.php?1954-Anime-Episode-Guide

Sage
03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
filler are like min movie to me that has nothing do with op just fun

Shinobu
03-11-2012, 11:33 PM
For Me It's

Led By A Bell's Sound! Tale Of A Great Warrior And The Explorer

I'd say it's a good filler :)

And yes their worth watching :)

Mercy
03-11-2012, 11:41 PM
I guess so, Fillers are worth watching.
G8-Arc is my favorite as well.

Oh and I really doubt that Fillers are related to the actual Manga. o_o

Nova
03-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Oh and I really doubt that Fillers are related to the actual Manga. o_o

The only relations I can think of are recaps or whereabouts - half filler half cannon episode and maybe That filler where the calm belt was explained. There sort of related I suppose.

Sanzen
03-12-2012, 12:00 AM
yes most of them are hilarious

Rayleigh
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
If you have time to watch it, I suggest you watch all the episodes.

Afro Luffy
03-12-2012, 07:06 PM
i personally enjoyed all arcs or at least most of the filler arcs
so if you have time i would suggest you to watch them but if not its not the end of the world

Another Person
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I've recently started watching the anime, and I though I'd only watch short fillers, as in 1-3 episodes, since these seem to be funny, and long off-topic chapters always piss me off.
But I've heard some of them are actually worth it, and even related to the manga ?
I've already skipped that dragon arc (54-61).

The funny thing about One piece fillers, unless you look up which episodes are fillers, you probably will not even notice they are. You probably watched the 2 filler episodes in the Loguetown Arc with Usopp and big daddy and Sanji cooking against the other chef. I believe I read somewhere that those 2 filler episodes (in one of the SBS if I'm not mistaken) Oda wanted to include some of the stuff that happened in those episodes, like how Usopp got his new goggles, but did not have room for it. I'm guessing he wanted to make ch 100 then entering the Grand Line. I think this is the only time a filler has some relation to the manga because it was Oda's idea, but never got put down on paper.
As for good fillers, as people have mentioned above, the G8 arc is really good. Also, I would suggest you read the difference between anime version of the Davy Back arc and the manga version, even if you are watching the anime only. They changed the rules of what happened, but it is still worth watching because its really funny. Another good filler was the Ice Hunter arc, just because the ending was really funny. Most of the other fillers are tied into the actual arc and will probably not even be noticed.

Pipo
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
The G8 arc, and the crewmate cover story half-fillers are the best.

Akagami
03-13-2012, 04:19 AM
They are totally worth watching!!! They follow the story so they don't really count as fillers... at least they aren't like those episodes where something is happening in the main story and suddenly people are in a different place like in naruto or bleach. :D

The Agent
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah G8 arc is probably the best filler arc of any Anime series.

Reaper
03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
My favourite would be the g8 arc - you can't really tell its filler if you don't read the manga. 196 - 206

I don't know if this thread would interest you

http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/showthread.php?1954-Anime-Episode-Guide
Yes me too my favorite filler arc is the G-8 arc.

Kazu D. Mikura
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
U know I watched every episode in One Piece without even realizing that any of them was a filler. xd

Now that I know, I also suggest the G8 filler arc but u wouldn't really nottice the fillers anyway. Atleast they are kinda related unlike other animes... @_@

King
03-15-2012, 02:05 AM
it really depends, some are interesting backstory, but you can get away without most of them

LuffyVsGoku
03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
i just finished the Gunkan Arc 54-61... made me want to rip out a handful of my pubic hairs and wash the wounds out with mercury.

The Agent
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
i just finished the Gunkan Arc 54-61... made me want to rip out a handful of my pubic hairs and wash the wounds out with mercury.

There's a thread with a list of one piece filler episodes. You should check that out. I used it when I was watching the anime. Now that I'm all caught up I went back and started watching some fillers out of boredom. The only one worth watching is the G8 filler arc.

meaphe
03-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I've personally only watched 3 of the Arcs. One is the Warship Island Arc. Don't watch it.

The next is the G-8 Arc which I thoroughly believe was entirely enjoyable to its fullest extent.

The last one I've watched is the Ocean's Dream Arc. It was a nice little escape from reality. Completely pointless and repetitive, but it was entertaining enough. Besides, it's only 4-5 episodes long so it's no big deal. Pretty much just two hours out of your life. If even that much, really. I enjoyed it...sort of.

Anyway, good luck. If you've got the time, why not watch it all?

LuffyVsGoku
03-17-2012, 03:45 AM
There's a thread with a list of one piece filler episodes. You should check that out. I used it when I was watching the anime. Now that I'm all caught up I went back and started watching some fillers out of boredom. The only one worth watching is the G8 filler arc.

i know the thread. i subcribed to it and look at it from time to time to get a heads up on fillers. i chose not to skip them and chose to just bare with it