Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Manhal
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
    believe it - i want this sooo bad

or what zero said
    That doesn't look right O_o

Beli
    swordsman scientist

in the anime (not sure if it was same in the manga too) whenever zoro was doing a badass technique only his left eye was visible. and by visible I mean that his eyes were in the dark but his left eye was glowing red.

since it was always his left eye which is the same one that's with the scar, I believe there is something about that eye we'll see in the future. I don't think it just went blind after an attack. and I don't believe it's mihawk's eye either. that would be ridiculous.

at first something like deidara's eye came to my mind (he used it to counter genjutsu and with a bunicular-alike machine to see the far end). but in OP universe that's useless and the scar doesn't fit.

then kenpachi. but that would be useless as well. if zoro wants to hold back he can use 1 or 2 swords instead of 3. and again how the hell a scar can absorb one's power? that doesn't fit as well.

something similar to a doujutsu from naruto or mihawk's eye? I'll just say that's BS and nothing more.

so pretty much it seems that every theory is unlikely and it is indeed a scar coming from a sword which blinded his eye. but we are talking about oda. I doubt he'll just leave it at that. considering that he had a thing for zoro's left eye for a long time.

Beli
    martialarts scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Alchemist View Post
    in the anime (not sure if it was same in the manga too) whenever zoro was doing a badass technique only his left eye was visible. and by visible I mean that his eyes were in the dark but his left eye was glowing red.

since it was always his left eye which is the same one that's with the scar, I believe there is something about that eye we'll see in the future. I don't think it just went blind after an attack. and I don't believe it's mihawk's eye either. that would be ridiculous.

at first something like deidara's eye came to my mind (he used it to counter genjutsu and with a bunicular-alike machine to see the far end). but in OP universe that's useless and the scar doesn't fit.

then kenpachi. but that would be useless as well. if zoro wants to hold back he can use 1 or 2 swords instead of 3. and again how the hell a scar can absorb one's power? that doesn't fit as well.

something similar to a doujutsu from naruto or mihawk's eye? I'll just say that's BS and nothing more.

so pretty much it seems that every theory is unlikely and it is indeed a scar coming from a sword which blinded his eye. but we are talking about oda. I doubt he'll just leave it at that. considering that he had a thing for zoro's left eye for a long time.
    Right i know i wont get the whole of the OP community to stop believing this naruto/mihawk/magic eye bullplop but hopefully ill get u guys to stop it and accept that its false till proven otherwise. Ive already explained why mihawks eyes are nothing special.

So i think its time to mythology this shizzle up!!

In Hinduism, the Asuras are a group of power-seeking deities, sometimes considered sinful and materialistic....cough this is zoro cough

Now Buddhism came in an used the same asuras and incorporated them into their own religion, in Buddhism they are described as having three heads with three faces and four to six arms. In buddhism asuras are like the hindu asuras, inbetween gods and men, more powerful then men but not gods, and they are u know the bad things in human nature with their personalities. They are kinda like the demi-gods or titans of greek mythology, but linked with the religion they are forces that corrupt people off the path of buddhism or enlightment.

But lets bring it back to the origins of Asura, hinduism, there was a guru by the name of Shukra who was the guru of the asuras. Now heres the story.

In one story, Lord Vishnu is born as the Brahmin dwarf-sage Vamana. Vamana comes to take the three worlds as alms from the asura king Bali. Lord Vishnu wanted to deceive the king Bali who was the grandson of the great king Prahlada, in order to help the Devas. The sage Shukracharya identifies him immediately and warns the King. The King is however a man of his word and offers the gift to Vamana. Shukracharya, annoyed with the pride of the king, shrinks himself with his powers and sits in the spout of the Kamandalu, from which water has to be poured to seal the promise to the deity in disguise. Lord Vishnu, in disguise of the dwarf, understands immediately, and picks a straw from the ground and directs it up the spout, poking out the left eye of Shukracharaya. Since this day on, the guru of the asuras has been known to be half blind.
    Shukracharya = Shukra most mythologies have many names.

SO in turn, Oda uses mythologies to create stories, zoro has a kinda link to asura mythology, asura mythology has links to the guru of asuras losing his left eye and being semi blind. THe forums are now better.

Heat-Haze Days
    Spoiler!

Manga
    Punk Hazard
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    swordsman engineer

I was just going to mention that. ^^
    After all, Hinduism is quite interesting and influencing for One Piece.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    swordsman entertainer

Behind his eye is the visual pathway, with contains the optic nerve, which transmits the images gathered by his eye into his brain.
    "You should show me some respect"

If I make it to heaven, Ill probly be in that bitch lonely
    Walking around saying everybody in hell know me.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    swordsman smith

.-. he clearly lost it, note the scar across his eye indicating he was actually cut there.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    swordsman thief

Quote Originally Posted by Shankusu View Post
    Don't you think your first point is quite dumb? Not trying to offend you but if he beat Mihawk aka the strongest swordman, wouldn't he accomplish his dream by now -______-? -Unless you were referring to Mihawk with ''he came out the victor''- Then my apologies.Ni

Anyways I think he lost it due a surprise attack from the baboon leader during his training, it could've been a dirty trick from the baboon leader(we all know how monkey species can act dirty sometimes). And I also have hope for him to open it in the future in the middle of a serious fight similiar to what Zero stated.

PS: ain't this the 5th topic about Zoro's eye ^^.
    My first point I kinda thought it would be cool if he defeated mihawk before he left to meet luffy guess im the only one to think it would be possible

About the monkeys I only read the manga and zoro beat them and didnt have the scar so I dont think he got it from them

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli

ehhm your kidding right? This is not naruto, where you take your best friends eye or you get a special powered eye. IMO zoro lost it in training

Beli
    swordsman chef

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    ehhm your kidding right? This is not naruto, where you take your best friends eye or you get a special powered eye. IMO zoro lost it in training
    Of course, toh the thing that Zero suggested is also pretty cool, that he's doing it only to train himself.
    I saw my mate
    the other day
    He said to me
    he saw the white Pele
    So I asked
    who is he?
    He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney!

Manga
    Punk Hazard
    Anime
    Fishman Island
    Beli
    swordsman smith

Considering that Oda released the concepts/sketches he didn't choose for the characters post-timeskip and Zoro had both eyes in some of them, I would assume that it was nothing special but to make him look a bit more bad ass.

Eddard Stark | 0 | 10 xp

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast