Literature of the Month Discussion
FFotM will hopefully be up as soon, and here we will be discussing the rules and details of the contest in hopes to satisfy as many members as possible.
My starting set of points will start here:
This is the first time I've ever held a contest, so any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. ^^
- The contestants will be allowed to submit their work by the chapter temporarily under the condition that each chapter must have over 700 words.
- Short stories will always be allowed so long they surpass 1000 words.
- The works of literature mustn't be posted on any other boards or forums including our sister site NB. Although some exceptions might be made for DeviantArt if needed.
- In case proved cheating, you will be banned from the contest forever.
- Exceptional rules might be made for poetry if demanded by a large enough number of people.
- A mod might be given the right to vote after the poll ends in case of a tie.
- The awards haven't been determined yet. you may suggest an award.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Ahmed; 07-14-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Well, for one I think there should be a maximum number of words allowed per submission and as for the award, perhaps Robin?
An Award was already made. (Not by me.)
“ 何 で も は 知 ら な い わ よ 、 知 っ て る 事 だ け ”
h a n e k a w a . t s u b a s a
m o n o g a t a r i . s e r i e s . s e a s o n 2 . ----------- . j u l y 2 0 1 3
I took the already made fanfictions in consideration before coming up with the number, I really don't think a maximum number is needed, but if more people agree on this it can be done.
Originally Posted by Tybone
You guys should probably bring some leet designers here for the award.
Edit: oh look, one is already made. ^^
As I have never read a fan fiction on NB or OPB I would like to ask if it must be related to One Piece, as I have a few literature works not related to OP.
Well, the rules are still in the making. I'd prefer if all works were allowed, but I've decided to not make the rules on my own.
Originally Posted by Derp
The shine transition is slow, I'll make a better one.
Make it a period of 3 or 4 weeks from all contests.
~ In case proved cheating, you will be banned from the contest forever.
Why not make it a general writing contest? Different themes can be given within this. Poetry, Fanfcition, Letter, etc...
Last edited by Dino; 07-14-2012 at 07:27 PM.
But this particular contest takes part every four weeks, that's only a one time ban o.o maybe do that and added another 4 weeks to FFotM?
Originally Posted by Xanxus
If no one else has an input on the matter, we'll go with your idea, or go with yours anyways. o-o
Increase the amount of time but they'll be banned from all the contests until that ban time expires. Also, check the edit on my earlier post.
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Last edited by Dino; 07-14-2012 at 07:32 PM.
EDIT: He posted the award already.
Just get the contest up as soon as possible will you, and can I suggest that the winner get's that award Xansus posted, 2 and 3 gets the old award?
I saw my mate
the other day
He said to me
he saw the white Pele
So I asked
who is he?
He goes by the name of Wayne Rooney!