Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts doctor

Asus K55VJ-SX171D VS Dell Inspiron 7520SE

so ok...buying a new laptop in a few weeks and kinda stuck between these 2 Asus and Dell
    not really a fan of Dell now compared what it used to be and Asus has a really nice reputation now
    as for the specs u can see rm below RAM memory isnt really all that important to me but the main difference is the screen and GPU, while i dont like Radeon the screen on Dell has a higher resolution while Asus has a grrat cooling system and that fast GT635M which is kinda on pair with 7730 but i just prefer nVidia...what to do...
    also Dell's price is around 50 euro higher than Asus

Asus K55VJ-SX171D
    CPU: Intel QuadCore I7-3630QM
    RAM: 6GB (4GB+2G DDR3 1600 MHz
    HDD: 1TB SATA 5400 rpm
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT635M 2GB
    Monitor: 15.6" HD LED LCD 1366x768, 16:9
    Optical Drive: Super Multi with Double Layer
    Network: 802.11bgn, Bluetooth 4.0, N/A, 10/100/1000 Mbps
    Ports: 1x USB 2.0 2x USB 3.0 RJ45 VGA Port (D-Sub) HDMI
    Webcam: 0.3MPix Webcam
    Battery: 6-cell Li-ion, 50WHrs, 4700mAh

Dell Inspiron 7520SE
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3612, 3.1Ghz
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    HDD: 1TB SATA 5400 rpm
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2GB DDR3
    Monitor: 15.6" LED-backlit FHD 1920 x 1080 (Anti-Glare)
    Network: 10/100/1000 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
    Ports: 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x VGA, 1 x HDMI
    Webcam: 1MPix Webcam
    Battery: 6-cell Li-Ion

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    swordsman engineer

In most circumstances it would come down to what you are going to use it for and your price range, but since you said that the dell is a little more expensive, but they are around the same price, the price range doesnt matter.

Based on the specs, while the asus does have some pretty decent specs, the dell has a nicer screen res, a little better gpu, and a tad better cpu, it depends on what you like. Personally, since the specs are pretty much on par with each other, I would go with the dell due to the nicer screen res. I dont anticipate you doing any serious stuff on either of these computers, but they should be able to handle a fair workload.

I know Dell has fallen pretty short to what they made in the past, but Dell's are still pretty reliable. I know some people who buy Asus, and they dont say anything negative, but they dont always express positive feelings. I say go with the dell.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gatsu | 0 | 15 xp | Move Set | Travel Log

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts doctor

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    In most circumstances it would come down to what you are going to use it for and your price range, but since you said that the dell is a little more expensive, but they are around the same price, the price range doesnt matter.

Based on the specs, while the asus does have some pretty decent specs, the dell has a nicer screen res, a little better gpu, and a tad better cpu, it depends on what you like. Personally, since the specs are pretty much on par with each other, I would go with the dell due to the nicer screen res. I dont anticipate you doing any serious stuff on either of these computers, but they should be able to handle a fair workload.

I know Dell has fallen pretty short to what they made in the past, but Dell's are still pretty reliable. I know some people who buy Asus, and they dont say anything negative, but they dont always express positive feelings. I say go with the dell.
    thanks
    actually im still searching 4 a few more laptops and damn i found a beast

ASUS N76VZ-V2G-T1213
    CPU: Intel I7-3630QM, 2.4GHz (Turbo 3.4GHz)
    RAM: 6GB (4GB+2G DDR3 1600 MHz
    HDD: 750GB SATA 7200rpm
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT650M (N13P-GT), 2GB DDR3
    Monitor: 17.3" LED-backlit TFT LCD FHD 1920x1080 (Non-glare)
    Network: 10/100/1000 Mbps, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, WiDi
    Ports: HDMI, VGA, RJ45, 4xUSB 3.0
    Webcam: 1.3 Mpix HD
    Battery:6-cell Li-Ion (56WHrs, 5200mAh)
    the only downfall is...it's about 250 euros out of my budget
    and yes...it took me a while yo gather go get one of the one on top

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts archeologist

I say go for the Dell. It has more ram and because it's i7 it'll be able to use all the ram appropriately. 6gb Ram is alot but for i7, you can use around 12. I'm using a i5 with 6gb ram and it has perfect speed and response. Nvidia is definitely the better Graphics card but amd is a ok alternative. If you're going to use it for professional purposes then I'd go for the Asus and upgrade the ram. If you're going to use it for all around purpose such as gfxing, music, videos and decent gaming then go with the dell. If you're going to pro game if then go Nvidia no doubt or even build your own laptop. Bigger bang for your buck!

NPC: Urek Mazino | Bio: Baam | Techniques: | 370XP | Bounty 107,000,000

RP Questions | RP FAQ

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts doctor

well...went to the store today and ordered the Dell...should get my hands on it by tomorrow....might make an unboxing video if i keep my composure

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Dressrosa
    Beli

I just got an asus and I love it.
    I have had bad luck with Dell before so try to stay as far away as possible.
    One thing about Asus though, make sure you find a reputable dealer.
    I dealt with Gentechpc and they guy was a hassle to deal with even though Asus had him on their site of who to purchase from.

Another thing I have heard about Asus is you are pretty much just purchasing the name. Everything else in it is all parts installed aftermarket.

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts smith

It all depends on what you really want. You could get the Dell, which in my opinion is more of a sit on the desk and use it from time to time pc. Or you could grab the Asus, which has a much better processing core so it will be a bit faster. As said before Dell might have better screen resolution but i'm not sure.

Asus battery life is a lot longer, the Dell's webcam is a lot better. I've had a Dell, if you use a pc allot you will be using that charger 'allot'. I've also owned an Asus, they are really bad at heating up to an extent where you can barely call it a lap top anymore because you can't sit it on your lap.

Though in the end I prefer Asus, itt'l work out better in the future.

Manga
    Dressrosa
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I just got an asus and I love it.
    I have had bad luck with Dell before so try to stay as far away as possible.
    One thing about Asus though, make sure you find a reputable dealer.
    I dealt with Gentechpc and they guy was a hassle to deal with even though Asus had him on their site of who to purchase from.

Another thing I have heard about Asus is you are pretty much just purchasing the name. Everything else in it is all parts installed aftermarket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    It all depends on what you really want. You could get the Dell, which in my opinion is more of a sit on the desk and use it from time to time pc. Or you could grab the Asus, which has a much better processing core so it will be a bit faster. As said before Dell might have better screen resolution but i'm not sure.

Asus battery life is a lot longer, the Dell's webcam is a lot better. I've had a Dell, if you use a pc allot you will be using that charger 'allot'. I've also owned an Asus, they are really bad at heating up to an extent where you can barely call it a lap top anymore because you can't sit it on your lap.

Though in the end I prefer Asus, itt'l work out better in the future.
    LOOL
    already got the Dell installed Win 8 and the laptop is fing amazing all in aluminium and it's cool as ice even though iv been on it since 2am....it's 1pm now lol
    the batery is pretty fucking amazing as well im off the batery 4 like 2 hours now with WiFi in max speed downloading 300 shit " the same time and it's still on 45% saying it can go 4 an hour and a half more LOL
    and Rogue please...
    3630 works on 2.2 MHz while 3612 works on 2.1...read all about them and that's pretty much the only difference so saying it's allot faster is a lil bit meh
    as 4 Dell WB do you mean about the charger???

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    ╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Manga
    Only Anime
    Anime
    Punk Hazard
    Beli
    martialarts smith

Funny you must have gotten it for Christmas or something, I got a new Asus o_o. 50% and 6 hourse left, talk about battery power... It's not even warm yet . imo Dell's are for oldppl.
    Kaneki D. Ken 金木 研

160,000,000 | Elite Pirate | 468xp | Travel Log | Move Set

"You can only win the game when you understand that it is a game. Let a man play chess, and tell him that every pawn is his friend. Let him think both bishops holy. Let him remember happy days in the shadows of his castles. Let him love his queen. Watch him lose them all."